(ACSM 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines)
3-4 x week leaving 48 hours between resistance training sessions, alternating sessions A & B
- 5 minutes Low intensity CV warm up, Cycle, x-train or walk gradually increasing HR to 55% MHR. (220-age) x 55% = 55% MHR.
- Begin with Joint mobilisation – 20 reps of Deadlift, clean & press with empty barbell or light dumbbells
Then choose Routine A or B (Alternating)
Routine B – 2-4 sets of 15-20 Reps, typically 2s lift: 4s return
- Bench Press – Flat
- Bench press – Incline
- Bench Press – Decline
- Pec Flyes
- Tricep barbell extensions
- Stability Ball Sit Ups
- Plank 1 minute
- Cool down; 5 minutes cycling, gradually decreasing towards RHR.
- Stretching ; 15-30seconds each stretch to a point of mild discomfort Quadriceps (STANDING QUAD), Hamstrings (STANDING HAMSTRING), Glutes (LYING GLUTE STRETCH), Adductors (LEG OUT ADDUCTOR), Lower back (LYING SPINAL TWIST), Upper back (REACH UP BACK STRETCH)(, Lats, Shoulders, Chest, Triceps, Biceps.