(February 2009 ACSM Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise® & September 2011 issue of Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise® )
4-5 x weekly 60mins moderate- vigorous intensity 55-80%MHR
- 5 minutes Low intensity CV warm up, Cycle, x-train or walk gradually increasing HR to 55% MHR. (220-age) x 55% = 55% MHR.
- 30 minutes continuous CV @ 55-69% MHR choosing from ; Treadmill (TREADMILL), Bike (STATIONARY BIKE), X-trainer (CROSS TRAINER), Step ups (STEP UPS) Or (alternating days) 30 minutes @ 70-80% MHR ; Treadmill (TREADMILL), Bike STATIONARY BIKE), X-trainer (CROSS TRAINER), Step ups (STEP UPS), Skipping (SKIPPING)
Then choose Routine A or B (Alternate days)
2-4 sets of 15-20 Reps, 6 seconds per Rep, typically 2s lift: 4s return
- Lat Pull Down
- Seated Row underhand (Image not available)
- Seated row overhand (Image not available)
- Shoulder Press
- Lateral Raise
- Front Raise
- Reverse Flyes
- Bicep curls
- Dorsal Raises
- Cool down; 5 minutes cycling (STATIONARY BIKE), gradually decreasing towards RHR.
- Stretching ; 15-30seconds each stretch to a point of mild discomfort; Quadriceps (STANDING QUAD), Hamstrings (STANDING HAMSTRING), Glutes (LYING GLUTE STRETCH), Adductors (LEG OUT ADDUCTOR), Lower back (LYING SPINAL TWIST), Upper back (REACH UP BACK STRETCH)(, Lats, Shoulders, Chest, Triceps, Biceps.